Sunday, December 13, 2009

10/12- 60angels

It has been four years since the Sosoliso plane crash took the lives of over 100 Nigerians, 60 of which were students from my secondary school, arguably the best in Nigeria (yes oh!, lol). 60 bright, intelligent, hadworking children with the gift of contributing immensely to Nigeria's future.

I had graduated a few months before and had the opportunity of knowing over 40 of them: friends, gossip mates, crushes (not mine biko), errand runners (ironers, washers, and water fetchers, lol!), family friends, dorm-room mates, etc.

I cry almost every time I'm in a plane.

Nigeria failed us, but God let it happen and has a reason. We have 60 angels watching over us.

To live in the hearts of people who love you is not dying. My devotion for the 10th was that death is a departure but eventually we will all meet at the destination.

-Ladi
(now I just sold myself out)

4 comments:

Whao! a post!!!
Yea,sad it is.....feels just like yesterday!
Hw u dey?

So you went to Loyola?

I love this below...

...death is a departure but eventually we will all meet at the destination.

Post a Comment

Eh heh...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More