Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nigerian Men (tality) 6

I want to do something in the banking-finance sector but my experience and been endless everyday encounters with dudes with the mentality in question.

Everyone has their hit-on encounters but for someone with my personality, I have to rant and rave. I've had an unhealthy dose of unintelligent folks.

So,  the next story 

I was sent to run errands to numerous banks so I had to walk in and out from one bank to the other. I went into an old-generation bank to perform my task when the errand-takers asked me to write my name, number, signature and all that stuff. I thought it was totally unnecessary to the errand but I did anyway. As soon as I was done and stepped out of the building, my phone started ringing.

I was like "ah ah!" to the unknown number. I could only think of my boss calling. I answered the unknown number only to hear a guy's voice. An older guy definitely... or too old for me.

"Eh, Eh, Eh You just stepped out of my bank now and Eh, Eh"

He was stammering "eh, eh" = nonsense talk in my interpretation

I hung up. Trouble don start be dat.

I was walking into my next stop- another bank so I had to switch off my phone.

When I got back home in the night of course, that number I had now stored as "bank dude" kept calling. What the heck? It was not business by the way I'm confident I didn't screw up my responsibility plus he would be stammering nervous so why was he calling?

I didn't answer. Omo-fronting for a stranger (duh!) I got a text saying "I know good things when I see them. Please pick up."

Lust eh?

Sorry that made it worse for me. I was disgusted by this stranger. For all I knew he could have been ....something-someone-somebody creepy or maybe I was just plain paranoid.

He finally gave up but wait I'm supposed to look 12yrs old right?

I almost picked up to tell him I was the MD's daughter sent on an errand because I was too SPLOIT to handle the real world. 

I went back to the bank for the same errand and put my female boss's number there. Let them call her and say they know good things when they see them.

I'm still complaining because the very next second someone is appalled that I look to young too work in a bank and someone else in taking advantage of my 'naivete' ????

Paedophiles!!!!!!

the Men (tality) in Nigeria.

Ubangiji Allah ya taimake mu! (God help us!)

Ladi

4 comments:

LOL. Funny, you would have answered the man and told him that you are friends with his daughter. That works everytime!

u must be a very pretty girl ladi. am i rite?

LMAO!!!

i don't know why naija older men cannot respect themselves.... it is so disgusting... abeg let the fool call your boss mehn...

"...I've had an unhealthy dose of unintelligent folks."

LOL!

It's iike that sometimes oh, but it duznt have anythin to do with you.

Post a Comment

Eh heh...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More