Saturday, February 9, 2008

Valentines..Roasting..Puppy Love


Am I the only one who has issues with February 14th?

Anyway thank God I'm done with secondary school and roasting days (Roasting being the slang for not getting any presents that day excluding the ones from family menbers. It had to come from a macho). Mehn! Kai! Those were some brutal days oh! I suspect some type of competition amongst the guys. Okay, I went to one of those smart kids-rich kids(according to public opinion)- schools. As per see 13, 14 and 15yr olds giving Dolce and Gabbana, Burberry and Gucci Rush. See me at my age then I was a perfume expect because of these teenagers.

Anyway, in my school, provisions, perfume, sometimes expensive brand were consfiscated to prevent class/ hierachy/ "rep" and discrimination. So the less you roasted the more some dude risked suspension to show his undying puppy-love for you or prove "levels"/ prop his "rep"utation.

When omoges opened their lockers of wardrobes, a moment of "I woder whats in there?" rushed through their veins. Anything from Ferrero Roche chocolate to Coco Chanels # to a smuggled frosted cake to a life Chicken. YES! a roaming campus CHICKEN from the pranksters. I used to form immunity and resistance to roasting heat and I fortunately never had a breakdown moment.

Kai, teenage guys are evil jo!

I was a professional roaster, I'm yet to figure out why, but I had a great support group- my clique of friends who well, weren't too different from me.

DOZ unite...y'all know yourselves!

Anyway, the night of the 14th, see girls screaming oh!

QUESTIONS:

"What did John give Jane?"

"You mean she roasted?"

STRATEGIES:

"I need to brush up my catwalking skills"

"I better quit eating akara, garri and those razz dishes. Its time to jump outta the roasting grill"

JEALOUSY, ENVY AND MERE PRAISES:

"See levels, 25 bars of chocolate, 2 burberrys, 6 teddy bears, one huge cake, a bouquet of 2 dozen roses, champayne (i stress again this is 12-16 years olds champayne? wudda?)...scattered all over her wardrobe/bed/locker"

By the way, these were ALL contraband items. I thinkonly cards, teddies and roses were allowed thanks to Oyibo intervention. See smart-nerdy hustlers oh! Only God spared them.

Some even planned to lie- like the girls (including me) in my house let out a loud scream (the louder the screams, the more romantic the youngman was to his chica). It was false alarm. LOL! The whole girls hostel ran towards our house to see the goodies only to feel the heat of roasting girls. We almost got punished for noise. "but Matron, can't we have some fun?"

Sha, I miss secondary school and whatever awaits me this Vals, only God will decide but either way roasting is out of the question. I'm in university now and there's currently no slang for the condition!

Have a great week!

Ladi

4 comments:

LOL, I HAVE NEVER BEEN THE ONE TO TAKE VALENTINE'S DAY SERIOUSLY. IT'S THURSDAY RIGHT? I AM LIKE WORKING AND HAVE NO PLANS IT IS ANOTHER DAY NOW, EVERYDAY IS AN OPORTUNITY TO SHOW LOVE.

This particular Vals day has been much talked about.
I don't know if there's anything extraordinary that'll happen.

Let's watch and see.
I think i'll show love to my family all my people, everybody worth loving.

Another fabulous shopping opportunity...nothing more, nothing less. So I can't complain..see those who can make it in Tiger Tem!

@ SET- everyday is for loving shey?

@ Oracle Way to go but omoge nko?

@Tiger- I have been anticipating your comment. I knew you'll go commercial. Valentines is sure good for business.

Post a Comment

Eh heh...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More