Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mascara..don't clump 'em

Rimmel Eye Magnifier in ExtremeBlack(003)













Thats one of my new loves, aside football/ soccer (patriotic to the Africa Cup of Nations) and basketball (it's college Basketball season!).

Okay, so Mascara, recently, I can't get enough of the new brands coming out on an almost DAILY basis

Covergirl Lash exact- The one in Queen Latifah's collection was supposedly a hit and top priority on my spending lisy until I saw the latest one with Drew Barrymore in the commercial. Wait a minute, this a business stategy, from long to full lashes. Then, longer and fuller. Afterwards it's even longer and even fuller. FAKE LASHES please, I need thou!

So, I don't do brand names and since ALL of them pay gazillions to get me to LOOK at their adverts and COVET the almost UNREALISTIC eyelashes that everyone CRAVES, I trust that there shouldn't be much of a difference- MAC-Clinique-L'oreal.

Truth is my latest mascara-baby is Rimmel London. Honestly, it was the cheapest on the aisle- $5 and it came with free black Kajal eye pencil (a Hausa chica's MUSThave). I call that a shopping steal. It's supposed to make my lashes 70% longer or something and DAMN! It works. I've seen a few complaints on Rimmel's website so we'll see what the future holds for this tool of mine. I love it though and I've till today NEVER seen an advert for that exact brand.

The otras brands I actually trust 'cause I've over seen them in magazines and TV are Maybelline and Covergirl:


Covergirl: LashExact












Covergirl: VolumeExact
Thats Queen Latifah's "Plump 'em, don't clump 'em!"



Maybelline XXL : This is like almost the pure water one...












Maybelline: Define a Lash











If I showed y'all everything on the market, I won't study so...check 'em out yourselves and believe it might just boil down to the price tag. Or maybe not!..lol!

I might consider starting my line maybe? Toni Payne, Tara and Banke..Ladi's coming to town!

Just Kidding!!

Ladi "in an Extreme Black Mascara-licious" mode

3 comments:

LADI YOU ARE FUN. I HAVE BEEN USING LANCOME L'ETREM FOR A FEW YRS NOW. I AM THINKING OF USING A CHEAPER BRAND SINCE I HAVE LONG EYE LASHES. THERE IS SOMETHING NOT SO SATISFYING WITH THE LANCOME LATELY, SO I THINK I NEED A CHANGE.

I'm so with you on the mascara thing. I'm not a big make up junkie but I do love a great mascara. Will try the Rimmel out. I use Benefit's Bad Gal and its FANTASTIC!!! Very sex kitten-ish..which is what we all want from our mascara isn't it?

@Set: You're sooo lucky I barely have lashes so I need those products. There's variety on the mascara aisle so grab the cheapest or ask for advice from a makeup-holic-looking assistant.

@Tiger: Benefit is a hot brand oh! There's no point going back just mover forward and step up the notch...hmmm, Chanel's mascara I heard is good like $20-$30 i think!

Post a Comment

Eh heh...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More